Thursday 23 November 2017

Pastel Cut Crease Eye look using Urban Decay Gwen Stefani Palette & Kat Von D Pastel Goth Palette






A close up shot of the finished look. Not colors I typically am drawn towards but I really like it!


Hey there Cupcakes! Thanks once again for joining me today for another Makeup look. Today I was challenged to re-create a look that a friend found on Pinterest. While I didn't have the exact colors that were pictured in the source inspiration I used the most comparable colors that I had in my arsenal and I was personally quite pleased with the final look that I was able to create.


Pictured above are all of the products used to create this look.
 
 


For those of you interested in how I created this look keep reading!
For my face Makeup today I first primed my clean skin with Arbonne Makeup Primer. I then used 3 separate Arbonne foundations! Why 3 you might ask? Well, because I used one shade for all over foundation (Soft Blush), one for highlighting (Porcelain used like a liquid concealer) and one for a bit of contouring (Rosy Beige)! It all worked out and blended together flawlessly even though this was the first time using this technique with the Arbonne Foundations. I highly recommend the Arbonne Foundations. They give beautiful full coverage to imperfections, but don't hide my freckles unless I guild the coverage up which is an automatic WIN for me because i LOVE my freckles to show through!



For the eye look I used a total of 8 Shadow shades spanning between the Urban Decay Cosmetics Gwen Stefani Palette, and the Kat Von D Beauty Pastel Goth Palette. 



First I primed my eye lids with Urban Decay Primer Potion in Eden. This is a super good eye shadow primer if you have any redness concerns in the eye area. It has a light flesh tone to it so it helps to act as a bit of a concealer for your eyelid allowing the shadows to pop more and stay on your eyelids better as oils build up on your skin throughout the course of the day. For my Cheekbone Highlight I used the highlighter shade in the Sweet Peach Glow Palette by Too Faced Cosmetics, and for my lip color I used Tarteist lip paint in shade Rosè.

I began this eye look with the Gwen Stefani Palette by Urban Decay Cosmetics. I first went in with shade "Blonde" as an all over color. This color looks almost no different on my skin but I am not looking for color pay off with this shade, i am just putting it down to help with smoother blending of the cut crease look. After I applied "Blonde" all over both eyes I next went in with "Stark", "Anaheim", and "Zone" respectively gradually building up the depth of color in the crease of the eye. Once I was satisfied with the marriage of those three colors I then tapped into a deeper reddish brown shade in the same palette called "Punk". I used "Punk" as the darkest shade in my crease for this cut crease look. With a very light hand I guided "Punk" along the crease line which I had been blending together previously and extending out into a small wing on the outer edge of the eye. Everyone will have a different eye shape and preference so for this step you will just need to evaluate where the tail looks best on your eye for your personal preference same as with winged liner.
Next I went back in with the Urban Decay Primer Potion in shade eden to cut my crease. Most commonly a concealer is used to cut the crease but I only have cream stick concealers on hand at the moment so I went with the primer as a good replacement option.
After I finished blanking out the cut crease area and mirrored "Blonde" and "Punk" on my lower lash line it was time to haul out the Kat Von D Pastel Goth Palette to finish the look.
I used 2 shades from the Pastel Goth Palette in this eye look. First I went in with "Skull" and patted this color into the area that I just cut out with the Primer Potion. I laid down this white shadow to make the blue color pop even more than with primer alone. Once I had "Skull" all laid down to my satisfaction I dipped into "Doom" a very vibrant pastel blue. I patted this shade all over top of where I just placed the shade "Skull".

Once the shadows were all laid down to my liking I went in Kat Von D Beauty Tattoo Liner in Trooper to create my winged liner look. I ran Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter Liner in "Midnight Cowboy" along the crease line and extended it outwards parallel to the winged liner below it. I then finished up the eye look with a Marc Jacobs Eyeliner on my lower water line, and Benefits Roller Lash Mascara on both my top and bottom lashes.

Well there you have it Cupcakes! A look at and quick walk through of how I achieved this poppin' Princess Jasmine looking cut crease today. I hope you guys enjoyed this post and if you like what I do and want to keep up to date with all my future posts please subscribe and leave a comment I would love to hear what you think of this look below! Thanks for stopping by again Cupcakes. I can't wait to see you again!

Xx Jenn

2 comments:

  1. Great article! Love your tips. Actually, I am using some of those products too and I love them. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I am glad you enjoyed it, and I appreciate the lovely comment about the lip color!

      Delete