Monday 20 November 2017

Simple Daytime Smokey Eye with Anastasia Beverley Hills (ABH) Prism Palette

Hello lovely Cupcakes!
Welcome to my very first post on Cupcake Beauty. Please bear with me while I find the right spots in my home for the best lighting and clarity of photos. As this is my first post taking these types of makeup shots I assure you that this is a kicking off point and I will learn the best photo set up as we go :)

I thought it only fitting that for my very first post I would begin with a super simple daytime smokey eye using Prism which is the newest eye shadow palette to drop from Anastasia Beverly Hills. This palette is currently sold out on the ABH website but I personally picked mine up a few weeks ago from Sephora. So without further ado let's get into it.




Pictured above are the items that I used to create today's look and below a few close up eye shots of the finished eye look.

I began with Maybelline Baby skin pore filling primer. This is a good well priced drug store primer that I have had in my personal arsenal for a few years now. It creates a nice smooth canvas for the rest of your makeup to affix to and it helps even out the skins texture to smooth out your pores a bit for more even application.


Next I moved on to foundation and concealer today I used Arbonne Perfecting Liquid Foundation in Porcelain, and Revlon Photo ready concealer in shade Fair. I then set my foundation and concealer with Arbonne Setting Pretty Translucent setting powder for a nice airbrushed look to the skin while also securing my face makeup.

Next I used a simple Bonne Belle brow pencil in Brunette to fill in my brows. I prefer a more natural brow to a strong Instagram eyebrow for my own self personally so I went more natural and just filled in some sparse patches from those years of over plucking. As always make sure to use that spoolie to blend the colour through the brow hairs for a soft natural look.

Next I finished off my face makeup with Nars Blush in Orgasm, Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil matte bronzer in Medium, and Kylie Cosmetics Kylighter in Cotton Candy Cream. I made sure to use a very subtle hand with the blush and bronzer today as I just wanted to bring a little colour in to the face, but remain very low key and elegant.

For my eyes I used the Prism Palette from ABH. I began with Unity as an all over lid colour, swept some lure into my crease for depth and definition, built up my outer v with Obsidian and patted Sphinx and Pyramid onto my lid. Remember to take your time and blend your shadows for the most soft and even appearance. Harsh lines are the enemy in makeup as any MUA will tell you it pays to spend a few extra minutes blending to make sure everything is perfect. I then used one of my all time favorite mascaras Benefit Roller lash to complete the simple day time smokey look.

For my lips I wanted to again keep it very simple and play up the eyes so rather than a solid lip colour I opted for a lip plumper and a gloss. I applied Too Faced Lip Injection Extreme gloss to my lips while applying my other makeup and once I was finished with my whole face I applied a coat of Too Faced Sweet Peach Oil Lip Gloss in Pure Peach for a nice plump moisturized pout.

So there we have it Cupcakes! Here are some photos of the finished result. I know that this is a rather simple look but I figured simple and every day was the best way to kick things off. Again apologies for the less than optimal pictures this time. I promise that as I go along I will work out the perfect methods for photos and post composition.




So what do you think Cupcakes?! Do you love it? Hate it? Somewhere in between? Leave me a comment below and let me know your feedback! Have a look you would like to see me create? Drop me a comment or send me a DM and I will do my best to make it happen for you! Want to see videos? Let me know I'm open to lot's of options this is just the beginning!

Thanks again for stopping by guys! I hope you enjoyed this post and I hope you'll pop in again tomorrow for another look from me Jenn at Cupcake Beauty!!

Xx  Jenn


No comments:

Post a Comment