Tuesday 5 December 2017

Super Glam Hoiliday Emerald Cut Crease & Nude Lip







Good Morning Cupcakes! Welcome to another day of my Holiday Makeup Look Extravaganza! Today I went with a very traditional Holiday coloration with some gorgeous Emerald Green Cut Crease Eyes. Although beautiful I don't usually gravitate towards Greens when doing my eye Makeup so this was a bit out of my Day to Day comfort zone but in the end I loved it! Which just goes to show you that you should get out of your comfort zone with Makeup more because you never know what new technique or color could make you feel Super fierce.



Pictured above are all of the items used to create Today's look. Now let's go through a brief over view of the process.
I began with clean moisturized skin which is always important for a good Makeup application. I used Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Filler under my eyes and on my nose to even out my skins texture and used a Beauty Blender to Apply Revlon Colorstay Foundation in Ivory to my entire face. I then concealed any imperfections/ redness / my under eye area with Nyx HD concealer in Fair and Nyx #Nofilter Finishing Powder in Alabaster. For my Eyebrows I used my usual favs by Nyx the Micro Brow Pencil in Brunette, and the Nyx Tame and Frame Brow Pomade in Espresso.
For my Cheeks and Highlight I went in with an oldie but a good - the Becca Blush/ Highlight Champagne Pop Duo.
I primed my eyes as usual with Urbay Decay Cosmetics Eye Primer Potion in Eden. I then began my Eye look with one of last Years TooFaced Cosmetics Holiday Palettes (Egg Nog Latte from the Grande Hotel Cafe Set). I went in with the nudes from this palette to create the base for this look. I used Frosty Nog (A matte cream white) all over the lid and brow bone and Skinny Latte (a warm soft matte tan) in my crease and outer V. I also ran these neutral shades under the eye as well for blending purposes later.
Next I pulled out the Kat Von D Beauty Serpentina Palette. This Palette has lots of Festive Deep Jewel tone colors perfect for Holiday looks. First I used Ankh (a black shade with some gold and red shimmer) and a super fine eye brush to create the crease line winging it out past my natural eye line and following along with the bottom lash line (extend not much further than the end of the eyebrow if possible for the best look). I also used this shade on the under eye and top lash line. After I applied the color to all of these areas I blended it toward the center of the lid with a small blending brush, I also smoked out the under eye as a part of this step.



I then used my Nyx Hd concealer and a very small concealer brush to cut my crease and create a light bright base for my Emerald Green. This seems a little intimidating at first, but with a little practice and a tiny brush it get's super easy with a little patience and practice. After the concealer had dried down leaving a nice base I went in with Scarab ( a bright shimmery Emerald Green) and applied it across the entire area that I blanked out with concealer. Once the Emerald is all applied, I went back in with the brush I blended out the black color with and Married the two together lightly. Lastly for the eyes I used the Kat Von D Alchemist Holographic Palette for the shade Green Emerald which I used lightly in my inner corners. I then used some concealer and a large fluffy brush to clean up any fallout that occured. In hind sight I should have done my face makeup last, but I don't often use these dark colors and forgot to consider fall out.
Lastly I applied Urban Decay Glitter Eye Liner in Midnight Cowboy (gold glitter) across the top lash line winging it out with the black shadow on the lash line, and applied 2 coats of L'oreal Lash Paradise Mascara.
I finished off the Lips with one of my all time favorite lip products Jeffree Star Cosmetics Velour Liquid Lipstick in Celebrity Skin. This color is the perfect day to night nude and one of Jeffree's most popular shades. Available in both the Velour Liquid Lipstick forumlation as well as the traditional stick formulation in the Lip Ammo series. Both versions retail for $18 USD and are worth every penny hands down.



Well there we have it cupcakes!! I really hope you enjoy this Festive Emerald Holiday Look. I love it and feel Christmas AF. Stay tuned for another Holiday look guys! Apologies on skipping yesterday as it was my Birthday and I wanted to relax and celebrate! Don't forget to leave me a like and comment if you like what I do and follow me on social media! Until next time Cupcakes!! Remember to tag Cupcake Beauty if you recreate this look! I would love to see where you go with it!


XxJenn







No comments:

Post a Comment