Sunday 7 January 2018

First Impression / Review Nyx HD Concealer/ Nyx #NoFilter Baked Finishing Powder

Hey Cupcakes!

Sorry for my Hiatus over the Holidays but things got a little Hectic and time slipping away from me. I do hope you will forgive me. Here we are at the start of 2018 and I have been using some of my new products for nearly a month now and feel like I can do some factual first impressions and reviews of said products!

Today I will be giving you my honest opinion on a few products from Nyx. Nyx is a fabulous affordable makeup brand that offers literally anything you would be looking for at super great prices. I'm a huge fan already. While my first order from Nyx consisted of more than two items, in this post I will just be reviewing the Nyx HD Concealer, and the Nyx #Nofilter Finishing Powder.

 So I was running out of my regular Drugstore Concealer, and Finishing Powder and wanted to try something new. There were a few other items that I had been wanting to test out from Nyx so I figured I would also try out a Concealer and Finishing Powder from them while I was at it. While the Nyx website offered many options in both the concealer and finishing powder categories I went with the best reviewed products which were the Nyx HD Liquid Concealer (I purchased shade Fair for highlighting) and the Nyx #NoFilter Finishing Powder (I purchased shade Alabaster). I normally use a cream concealer but have been wanting to try a liquid concealer and at Nyx prices the timing seemed perfect.


Alright let's get into the Concealer first. I love this product. I have officially finished my first tube. While yes it did go quickly as the tube isn't exactly large at 3g but at a price of $8.00 CAD you can't really go wrong. This product made me really regretful that it has taken me this long to try liquid concealers. I used the HD Concealer for highlighting under my eyes, my forehead, chin, and to help conceal any redness and I have zero negative words for this product. It didn't dry down too fast, it blended out effortlessly (even when I just concealed my under eyes with no foundation for a quick trip to town) It blends so naturally into your skin and doesn't settle into your lines or smudge around your face- I just can't say enough good things about it especially at it's price point. As I said I chose shade fair as I wanted to use it for a Highlighting shade but there are 23 shades to choose from and while that range definitely could be flushed out more for ladies with different tones there is quite a good range already including some color correcting shades (green, purple, yellow). If you are looking for a concealer I high recommend you give this little guy a try.


On to the #NoFilter Finishing Powder. This is a pretty generous product weighing in at 9 grams for $13.00 CAD. I have been using this product for almost a month and it barely looks like I've used it so I think it will go a long way. This is a very economical product and I love how it helps take away any shine when you know you are going to be in photos. I was satisfied with this finishing powder but not wowed. I prefer to use it when I am also going to be using a setting spray to help everything sink in smoothly as when you use it on it's own sometimes it can be a bit drying. All in all for it's price I'm not complaining it does it's job and looks great on film but in real life if you are having a dry skin day you might want to go sparingly with this powder. I purchased shade alabaster and it was a good match for my skin. If you have more oily skin this would probably be better for you and would not seem drying at all. I would recommend this also for the summer time when things are a little warmer and more dewy.

Well there you have it guys I hope you enjoyed this review and that it is helpful to you if you are in the market for a new Concealer or Finishing Powder. Thanks for joining me again today Cupcakes and I can't wait to get back on track after the Holidays. 2018 here we come! See you next time Cupcakes!!

Xx Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment